Saturday, June 13, 2015

a pouch with a vintage look...

The pouch I showed you a bit of last week was just finished last night. It was made with vintage linen cloth and a commercial fabric with a vintage look. It's already filled with fabric of the same type. Here are some images so you can see it from all angles. It measures 8" x 12".

click on the images for a better view...

a message on the lining done with a micron pen, 3 puffs and a scalloped edge

vintage linen stitched over the fabric with eyelets and embroidery

eyelets, some hand embroidery and a piped ribbon edge

just a couple of puffs on the back and some matching ties for closure

a close up of the front motif

And the paper blanket is finished. There might be a contrasting second edge added to the border but for right one, this is it. it measures just over 16" square and is quite flexible. Loved working with the Shosenshi Japanese paper.

each square is 4"

joined with a soft bamboo thread in crochet and then whip stitched together



Hope you all have a great weekend. I'm about to try pounding flowers. Don't have too many colorful ones but anxious to try the process once again. Haven't done this in years.

15 comments:

magicmoonmusings said...

The pouch turned out BEAUTIFUL! Great touch adding the suffolk puffs inside :)

The paper cloth looks lovely with that edging, so pretty.

Vicki W said...

Your pouch is beautiful!

Stitching Lady said...

Good, it is finished and beautiful! It must be nice to touch the Japanese paper blanket and also listen to the sound of it. Does it have one? A little rustle or scroop?

Rachel said...

That's a charming pouch - well done!

Nancy said...

Wow Wow Wow...that pouch is so detailed and beautiful! And the blanket looks so cool. I love how you edged it and I wonder how it feels?! Have fun with flowers, Nancy

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Beautiful pouch - I especially like the ties (far preferable to zippers I think). I really need to make some pouches (it's on my to-do list) when I get some time. I really want some!! Oh yes - and the paper blanket is great too - is there a wee dolly in your life that's in need of a blanket?

Mo Crow said...

the paper place mat with the blue edge is a delight!

Jane said...

I do love this pouch, it has such a lovely feel about it and that paper blanket is just so unique

Christine Barnes said...

Just come over from flickr Deanna. I can't tell you how much I love this pouch. I wish you had an Etsy shop!! Your paper blanket is rather marvelous too...absolutely unique!

karen said...

wow Deanna, the paper blanket is gorgeous....the blue edge is perfect it gives such a lovely contrast. I love this pouch, it's extra special. The embroidery is beautiful....

Anonymous said...

Lovely how your embroidery blends in with the vintage print. Good luck with the pounding, I've done it with leaves and ferns.

susan hemann said...

Such a lovely bag! I have a collection of vintage embroidery. I hope all is well with you. i haven't been here for a while. Have not been well. Take care

neki desu said...

the pouch left me breathless!

Anita said...

such a beautiful pouch..Did you do the crochet edging or was it a part of that vintage linen? I think the open crochet squares on both sides looks very cute. The paper blanket is lovely.Is it smooth ?

Nat Palaskas said...

I love that pouch! I must make some for gifts, love it. The paper blanket is gorgeous with the blue edging. A nice touch - Hugs Nat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...