Saturday, April 5, 2014

presents and a new pillow....

We did a gift exchange at Quilt Bee on Thursday so now it's safe to show you a pouch I worked on for quite awhile and previously just gave you little peeks of it.

click on the images for close-ups.

front of pouch

back of pouch

the inside label made with bits of the fabric used and lace

It just so happened that the person whose name I picked had picked my name so we were exchanging with each other....and what a beautiful gift I received.

a box with a beautiful punch needle embroidery and some beautiful lace squares. it was beautifully wrapped in toile paper with silk ribbons.

you can see all the gifts here on the table.

all the gifts exchanged. that box with the black and white duct tape is how I presented my gift. the pictures on the box are of the pouch in various stages of construction.

and here we all are....i'm plugged in the corner since I took the picture.

Simply Quilters Bee

I did also complete one of the pillows in Karen's class Pillows and Pages. It is a preparation pillow for my bobbin lace. I stitched 2 pillows together to make a soft pocket to hold all the things needed for the next project and there are soft tufted spots on the top for pins.

top of pillow...I stitched in a strip of some bobbin lace I made a while ago

the pillow pocket holding some bobbins

I've been learning how to do crocheted entrelac. I have done entrelac in knitting before but I think it's much easier doing it in crochet. Just using some left over sock yarn and it might turn into a shawl. If you want to try it, there's a good video here.

crocheted entrelac
It's been a busy week with some nice weather. Most of the trees have leafed out and it's looking like Spring. Lots of work to do in the garden. Have a good week.

24 comments:

Els said...

Oh my Deanna, you're a Lucky bunch all together !!! What a great way to have a Bee with such wonderful presents for each other.
The puch turned out great.
So did the cushion pouch for your bobbin lace stuff !
(Ha, it must be a joy for Karen too, to have such diligent students ;-) !)

Lois Evensen said...

What a fun exchange with a group of friends. I like your entrelac crochet, too. I've also done it in knit, but haven't jumped in to try it in crochet yet.

karen said...

your pouch was fabulous and anyone would have been honoured to receive it....

Nanette said...

Love the way you presented your gift, very creative and original, your exchange partner would've been thrilled with it all.

Jeannie said...

Your pouch is beautiful. I love the architectural fabric. The way you presented the gift is fantastic! Your lace pillow is beautiful as well. More ideas than I can stuff into my head, but the crochet did make it in before I hit overload. LOL! Have a wonderful week.

Deb G said...

That clinches it, I'm making a bag. Yours is so sweet. The crochet looks like lots of fun too!

Jane said...

Love the way the bag turned out, and the pillow is wonderful. A great way to keep all your bobbins safe

margaret said...

that is a wonderful pouch you made, lucky girl who received that.
Pillow looks wonderful, not sure if Anneliese of the stitching lady blog follows you but she is taking part in the challenge too
Now off to see what entrelac is, not in my dictionery

Maggi said...

The pouch is beautiful, that touch of red really makes it pop. I leek the way you included construction stages on the box. Beautiful lace pillow too.

Stitching Lady said...

I love your packaging of your wonderful pouch, which is a piece of sewing art. Very creative and thoughtful. A lovely meeting with likeminded ladies - what a joy. The crochet project is something very interesting. I saved the link ....
Enjoy the greens outside and the gardening!

Dianne said...

The little pillow is just perfect for your bobbins,Deanna. The two gifts swapped over are gorgeous. Your pouch is very well done.

susan hemann said...

Your pouch is stunning! I admire you so much. Life seems to get in the way of my being productive. How do you do it? I have lived for this time when I could spend everyday creating. My children are grown up and living their own lives. Here I sit,not moving on with my life. The snow has finally melted in Ohio! I was able to work in my garden yesterday and will again today. I will be coming down to Texas in a few weeks. So excited. My son lived in Austin for 3 years. I just love that city. He just moved to Dallas. Have a good week!

Nat Palaskas said...

Hi Deanna, finally I got sometimes to visit blogs. Lovely pouch you made for your gift exchange. It looked like fun! Hugs Nat

Mo Crow said...

what a great pouch!

Rachel said...

What a wonderful array of gifts for exchange!

FredaB said...

Deanna you did a beautiful job on the purse. The fabric is wonderful.

Hugs
FredaB

Peggy said...

The pouch is exquisite, and I'll chime in with the others that I love your presentation. So cool. What a great group, the table is a feast. And the two pillows sewn together to make soft pockets, I've never seen that before, really neat. I'm thinking of some uses for that technique -- like maybe a small dream pillow holding herbs and little crystals.....hmmm.
Happy crocheting, Deanna!

Nancy said...

Love the pouch, especially the 'back' :) The presentation was so clever. What a great group of gals!

Anonymous said...

I like how the yarn is working with your crochet, like tiles. & love how you packaged your great pouch.

Anonymous said...

Your use of print fabric in the pouch is so nice! What a nice collection of things you all made! Like Margaret, I need to look up entrelac.

Jillayne said...

I'll say, a busy week! Your party looks like it was fun and I am so glad your pouch was well received - it really is beautiful!
I also like your pillow in Karen's class - especially the "pockets" - how cool!

Anita said...

A beautiful pouch,love the way you've packed it Deanna…am sure it'll be treasured by the lucky girl who've received it.Lovely group and beautiful gifts,those pin cushions are so pretty.

jude said...

love that pic with you patched into the corner.

jude said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...