Saturday, July 20, 2013

Simply Stitching...

did lots more stitching this week as there is continued inspiration coming from Karen Ruane and the Simply Stitch group. i'm continuing to add embellishments to the cloth i'm working on...

CLICK ON THE IMAGES FOR CLOSE-UPS

free motion stitching stitched onto base and embellished with lots of embroidery

interlocking wrapped bars and prairie points

the center of the cloth with piping around the edge. measures 20" x 20" so far.

a special friend gifted me some cloth that i just love. i've saved a piece of it to use in my journal but i'm making a stool pad and back pillow with the rest. made lots of piping this morning with some cow fabric i had in my stash.

need to find some backing fabric so i can stitch this up

a very old stool that always comes in handy when working at my cutting table. can't wait to dress it up with the pad and back pillow.
we actually got some rain this week and my rain gauge showed 2". the grass is loving it. the temperatures are still in the high 90s so it's very hot and not a time to be spending outdoors. hope the weather is tolerable where you are and that you are enjoying the weekend.

10 comments:

liniecat said...

Deanna that cloth you've put together is beautiful, wonderful mix of stitch and inspiration there.
lovely designed chair that, will you paint it or leave the wood as is?
Glad you've had rain! We are having a heatwave in Uk, 28-30 degrees........lol that's hot for us cold fish!!

Judy said...

As always, your hand-stitching is to die for!

Can't wait to see what you do with that chair!

xxoo

Louise@ElsieMayandBertha said...

The work you've created via Karen's simply stitch is beautiful. I could do with a stool like yours for my cutting table. I'm looking forward to seeing it with itnew seat and cushion.
Hapoy creating.

karen said...

I am excited to see the finished chair. It's a lot cooler here today and now they say we may have thunderstorms and flooding midweek....I am happy I live at the top of a very big hill.

Anita said...

Your cloth looks gorgeous! the bullion cross and bullion v (chain?) are very pretty.Can't wait to see your finished stool..

Nancy said...

For some reason when I first saw the black & white fabric, I thought "Jetsons"!!
I too will be waiting to see that stool completed :)

Deb G said...

Glad that you've had a bit of rain. We're having a cool stretch too. Highs in the low 70's. :)

Anonymous said...

That's a fun mix of drawings and dots. Hooray for some rain for you! I feel guilty for the just right weather here.

Nat Palaskas said...

The piece is looking better and better. I can see you are enjoy working on it. I love that fabric for the chair as well. Have fun - Hugs Nat

Peggy said...

It's so beautiful....
Wonderful that you got more rain, wow, this is an unusual summer, isn't it? Must feel like a sauna outside, good for the skin! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...